Frizzy or curly hair is difficult to manage, leaving you frustrated. If the cause of your frizzy or curly hair is due to poor hair management or humidity, this can easily be fixed by taking good care of your hair, but if you have tried all products or treatments and still suffering from frizz or if you are genetically born with it, then you might want to resort to Keratin smoothing therapy.
Look Before you leap
Now, this goes without saying, that before undertaking any sort of hair treatment, it is necessary to understand the process and weigh the pros and cons. Go in for the best salon. If you Google keratin treatment Sydney, you will get names of popular salons like BKT Beauty located at Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia that specialize in nanoplasty, Hair Botox, and keratin treatments.
When you contact them for an appointment, their team of specialists with try to understand your issue and recommend the best keratin products and treatment plan that can help smooth your hair leaving it glossy.
Now before going for your appointment, there are few tips that you might want to keep in mind:
- Deep conditioning your hair and rinse with lukewarm water at least a week before your treatment
- Refrain from using any types of conditioners or oils two days before your treatment
- Avoid using hats, bands or hair clips few days before your appointment
- Ensure that you do not get your hair wet for three days after the treatment
- Make use of sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners as they can keep your hair clean
- Keratin treatment is best suited for rainy days as it keeps your hair smooth and shiny
- If you plan on colouring your hair, ensure that you do it before your appointment
If you are pregnant or nursing, then this treatment is not recommended for you. When you go in for your appointment, ensure that you carry a magazine or a tablet with you as the treatment can last for hours depending on the procedure you have chosen. You can opt for a Keratin treatment with a Brazilian blowout.
Precautions to be taken after Your Keratin Treatment
Finally, you are out of the salon feeling good about your soft, smooth, and straight hair. The next phase is taking care of your hair for a few days. Some tips that might be useful here would be:
- Ensure that you do not get your hair wet for the next three days
- Your hair needs time to gel in with the keratin
- If you happen to get your hair wet, ensure that you immediately blow dry your hair on low or medium heat
- Avoid using any types of shampoos or conditioners for a few days
- Keep your hair down and avoid touching it for a few days
It would take about 3- 5 months for your hair to come back to its curly or frizzy state, depending on the treatment that you have chosen. You can repeat the procedure since frequent treatments can help soften your hair, leaving it healthy and bouncy.